ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
IKB
IKB
Senior MemberPosts: 2,186Gear list
Like?
Yellowstone holiday advice sought
Mar 25, 2012

This is in two parts, photographic and sights to see.

I live in the UK but have wanted to visit Yellowstone NP for as long as I can remember. Well, this is the year it happens. I will be flying to the US, probably Salt Lake City this summer for a road trip that visits Yellowstone (Park accommodation reserved). Other must sees are Glacier NP, dinosaur NP, Tetons, Copper Canyon, Great Salt Lake.

I am mimimalist in that I don't like carrying a lot of photographic kit around, especially where air travel is concerned. From the equipment that I have, trip choices would be a Sony A700 + Tamron 18-250, Fuji X100, Panasonic LX2. The X100 was great in the Austrian lake district last year even though it had an attack of the sticky apertures but it's fine now and is in many ways the ideal travel cam. However wildlife is not it's forte. The A700/18-250 would be better for wildlife but is a lot more bulky. What would you suggest taking?

The Austrian lake district:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/malcy/sets/72157627452553245/

As I said above principal sights are Yellowstone NP, Glacier NP, dinosaur NP, Tetons, Copper Canyon, Great Salt Lake. Is there anything else in the area that I should be visiting. The only thing fixed at present is the Yellowstone NP accommodation, I could even fly into another airport if the trip would be improved. Trip length is about two weeks. Is there anything else to see?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

-- hide signature --

Malcy

IKB's gear list:IKB's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX2 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +3 more
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX2 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow