Started Mar 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
El Matadurr
Senior MemberPosts: 4,976Gear list
Like?
Sports with the NEX-7 (Formal Review)
Mar 25, 2012

Just like my last review (seen here: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1042&message=40937957 ), this will be relatively long, with bunches of fun pictures. Just a warning. Broken up into multiple posts because DPReview is strange with their 6000 character limit.

Anyways, let's get to it. For those of you that don't know, I bought the NEX-7 specifically for sports photography (though as you can see in my first review it makes a great camera for other things too....haha), as I already had some manual lenses, and was proficient with them with indoor basketball on a d300.

I figured, "Well, if I can do this inside with no peaking, and 6 fps, surely I can do this outside with peaking/manual focus zoom in, and 10 fps, right?" I had my doubts, but went through with it anyway, as either way I couldn't afford anything higher than a d300/d300s (which are by no means bad cameras). That was in December, fast forward to now, (and a Nikon 50mm f/1.8 E-series and 300mm f/2.8 later) and my doubts have been completely put to rest regarding if the camera would be capable.

Some pictures from Friday and today before I get into more explanations, please excuse the watermarks, I'm getting paid for these pictures, so I have to credit myself and keep the resolution relatively low. Fun little fact, the softball pictures were the first time I've used this lens for moving things, and the baseball pictures, just the second time:

See next post

El Matadurr's gear list:El Matadurr's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32
Nikon D300 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow