Upgraded to a 5DIII from a D700

Started Mar 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
SCR Johnson
Junior MemberPosts: 32Gear list
Like?
Re: Upgraded to a 5DIII from a D700
In reply to Marcos Villaroman, Mar 25, 2012

Marcos Villaroman wrote:

Congratulations on your new DSLR. Isn't it nice to get the DSLR purchase out of the way so that you con concentrate on taking pictures and figuring out what lens to buy next?

I was curious:

Which lens did you have with the Nikon?

24-70, 14-24, 85g

Which lens are you getting initially with the 5D III? What do you plan on buying in the near term?

50 1.4 and probably the 24-70i while they are still available

The hit larger files have on post processing definitely can be felt. While on vacation, I use an old dual core laptop. Painfully slow with Canon's RAW files and so when I have the disk space, I shoot RAW+JPEG so that I can use the JPEGs to judge initial composition and do some quick sharing. Given my needs in a laptop, a MacBook Air or UltraBook best suits me. So I can see huge file processing to continue to be an issue.

At home I'm currently trying the new lens correction features in DPP that results in much larger CR2 files. Ouch on the disk space increase. Looks like I'm going to have to expand my 24 TB file server sooner than I anticipated.

SCR Johnson's gear list:SCR Johnson's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-T1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
LOLNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow