My new Olympus E-PL1 camera

Started Mar 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
Bilgy_no1
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,880
Like?
Re: My new Olympus E-PL1 camera
In reply to Ron Zamir, Mar 25, 2012

There are already many tips for settings on the Guy Parsons website. Be sure to check them out.

My personal no1 tip would be to get a pancake lens with the E-PL1. This makes the camera more portable still, and the available pancakes have larger apertures than the kit lens. The best one to get would be the 20mm f/1.7: it's bright, high quality (very sharp even wide open), and has a versatile focal length. The price is reasonable and my only complaint is that it isn't the fastest focuser. Contrary to the kit lens, it does focus at lower light levels.

The E-PL1 may not look it, but it packs an enormous amount of photographic capability in a small and cheap body. If you know your way around cameras, it's a great tool.

Ron Zamir wrote:

I just bought, for a very attractive price, a brand new Olympus E-PL1 camera with the second generation Olympus 14-42 mm. kit lens. This after 4 years with my beloved but aging OlympusE-1. I thought this was time to jump into the the Micro 4-3 world.

I will thank you for any advices about settings - RAW - extra lenses, tips or anything else which might be relevant for me with the new system camera.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow