Started Mar 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ozarktroutfisher
Contributing MemberPosts: 531Gear list
Like?
Best Software For Really Quick Crops?
Mar 25, 2012

I shoot a lot of HS sports and post pictures to a website for the kids. I also work a more than full time job and literally drive 2 hours each way for that job. That coupled with two active HS kids leaves me little time to do a lot of editing to the pictures.

I'll typically take around 250 shots at a game and discard until I wind up with 150 - 200 for a gallery of each game. Considering that I shoot football, boys and girls basketball, baseball, softball, boys and girls soccer .......... well I have a lot of pictures to crop.

I've been running a PC with Vista but it recently crashed. My workflow was to crop only using the photo editer built into Vista and then make other corrections in Nikon View NX II. Yes not the greatest but very accepatable for what I was doing. I've done it enough that I pretty much have my settings right and maybe 80% of my shots require cropping only. With Vista you could be in a picture in the crop function and very quickly grab a corner to stretch or move the preopened crop box around. The next photo in the folder would open with the same crop box when you advanced past the previous picture. I could crop 200 pictures in about 15 minutes or less.

OK so no Vista, what software is best for cropping a lot of shots fast? View NX is really finicky for cropping. Just too many steps involved and you have to move the mouse slowly or it outrun itself. I'm not interested in full blown PS but was thinking maybe Elements or something similar??

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Keith

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow