Started Mar 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ArneMarco
Senior MemberPosts: 1,704
Like?
SD1M: 1st posting of photos
Mar 25, 2012

Yesterday I shot for the first time with the Sigma SD1 Merrill and the Sigma 18-50mm EX here in my neighborhood where I have taken a lot of shots during the years. I used Aperture priority. I am quite pleased with the handling of the camera. Also the results seems to be quite good ...

But is is really sad that the RAW files can not be processed in LightRoom, a big error of Sigma. So for the first time I converted the files on Sigma Photo Pro to 16bit Tiff and then I imported them in LightRoom. I suppose I did this wrong, because I used the "Auto" setting instead of the X3F ... quite tiresome this. Have to get used to the Tiff versions in LightRoom. I hope Sigma will give their data to Adobe so the files can be openend in LightRoom. While the X3F files are about 60 Mb big, the Tiffs are close to 90 Mb, so it is a true waste of space having to pass through Tiff ...

12 photos shot with the SD1M are the 12 first in this gallery:
http://www.arnemarcophotos.com/gallery_467791.html

-- hide signature --
Sigma SD1 Sigma SD1 Merrill
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow