D800 and D7000 owners....

Started Mar 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
pocky
Forum MemberPosts: 55Gear list
Like?
Re: weight
In reply to fabgo, Mar 25, 2012

Thanks for the suggestions for my feeble frame. I don't really want to start another whole new system and I like using the Nikons. I can do the D90 (700g) with the Micro-Nikkor 60mm (approx 450g) across my shoulder with no problem, walking fast up the largest mountains, and the Tokina 11-16mm (570g) with a slight discomfort. Personally my biggest wish is that Nikon (or anyone else who makes a Nikon mount) would make a decent 16mm prime of 200-400g weight! After that, a 500g full frame! I do not see why the former does not already exist but going by current progress, I think that the latter is at least 5 years away...

By my calculations, the D800 with the 24mm 2.8 (which I also have) and Micro-Nikkor 60mm would make an good mountain in terms of focal length (utilising both FF and DX modes) and the D800+60mm would not be heavier than the D90+11-16mm, so could be doable, if I keep practising my pull-ups.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow