V1 Disappointing

Started Mar 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
iau
iau
Regular MemberPosts: 123Gear list
Like?
Re: V1 Disappointing
In reply to Jonathan Robson, Mar 25, 2012

This image actually describes why I decided to keep my J1, despite being a terrible pixle peeper. I have had several M43 cameras and X100 also, and what I like about my J1 is the very good exposure. Colors and WB are always very accurate. I rarely use flash and the J1 is the one of my current small cameras (GX1 and X100) that get the most accurate WB indoor in natural light.

But, as a pixle peeper I can easily see it has more noise than the GX1 and X100. IQ is not quite there if you go by noise. If I should only keep one of the three it would probably have to go, but there are minor things I dislike with the other two that is important to me. In short - the GX1 the buttons on the rear are too easily moved when carrying and the X100 is exactly fast. These things had made me miss lots of shots. I usually shoot wide open and at the lowest ISO. With these small sensors narrow DOF is a hard to achive anyway (only have the 10mm).

So, basicly I wouldn't write this camera off base on high ISO performance, unless that is important to you.

iau's gear list:iau's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Ricoh GR Nikon 1 J2 Nikon D600 Fujifilm X-T1 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ISONew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow