Started Mar 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
stevec1000
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
S2, Worthless Piece of Junk?
Mar 25, 2012

It seems like a well made camera with lots of features but doesn't work very well for such an expensive camera. The LCD display is always out of focus unless the camera is held perfectly still and I hold down the shutter button half way. Also image stabilization doesn't do anything at all as far as I can tell. The reviews claimed this camera could focus up to zero distance but that's not true, it will only focus down to about 6" and that only works in macro mode if it's in MF mode and you focus it manually, it won't focus at all in Auto mode except at a distance then it drifts in and out. There is a feature that projects a spot of light to help in dark areas but that doesn't do anything at all either. Overall I think this camera is a useless piece of junk unless you like fuzzy out of focus photos but at least it doesn't have the black screen of death everyone was complaining about. Is there a secret way to make it work that I don't know about or should I just toss it in the trash?

Panasonic Lumix DMC-S2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow