ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
LWW
LWW
Regular MemberPosts: 427Gear list
Like?
An afternoon with the Panny G3
Mar 25, 2012

Have had a G3 for 6 months or so, and have really not taken to much notice of it, even had to look to see which model it was. Bought for my wife to assist at weddings seeing as I had a GF1 with some lenses, that did not get much use either. As we are off to Wales in June to our daughters wedding (from Aus) and considering weight of luggage I thought I may be able to utilise this little Panny G3 thingy and should even learn to use it. I took it out yesterday, with 7-14, 14-45, 45 oly, 20 panny and the 45-200. Left my trusty Pentax K5 and DA primes at home!

How enlightening it was - litterally! Such a small bag with so much potential. Once I adjusted the diopter to suit my ageing eyesight - half way through the walk, all became clear that this is a serious tool. Being used to the exceptional IQ of the K5 I was reluctant to leave them in case there was a special opportunity that demanded the best I had, turned out that the G3 MADE the opportunities, and then produced. I especially liked the swivel screen with the touch focus and shoot - brilliant!

It has been a while since I had enjoyed a walk in the bush like yesterday afternoon.

LWW's gear list:LWW's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Pentax *ist D Pentax K10D Pentax K20D Canon EOS 7D +29 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow