A little more class from our Nikonian Friends?

Started Mar 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jffielde
Regular MemberPosts: 301
Like?
A little more class from our Nikonian Friends?
Mar 25, 2012

I cannot remember going through the kind of rudeness on the forum like this before. I think the DXO scores for the D800 may only be surpassed by the rudeness of their owner-champions.

The D800 looks awesome. Truly extraordinary. It is, however, classless to regularly denigrate another person's purchase. There have been a dozen threads by canonians that say "the D800 is stellar, but there are these two out of ten things that the 5d3 appears to do better." And these are posts from owners of a new toy. To state the obvious, it's rude to say "actually, no, it's worse at those two things, too."

I cannot imaging caring - let alone posting - in another camera brand forum to highlight only how inferior their product that they all own is. And I wouldn't do so, at least since I was young. If this is going on in the Nikon forum, we canonians should stop it, too.

I think the D800 looks good enough that Nikonians can rest assured that canon aren't going to have a better body this generation - maybe even a comparable one. But to feel the need to make them admit it simply lacks class. To demonstrate it unrequested lacks class, particularly when people are celebrating new purchases.

To be a good loser is fairly difficult, but it is expected to be mastered in maturity. To be a gracious winner is easy. Really. It's a low bar. I think we should demonstrate the same league of class we would expect of young children at a birthday party regarding their gifts.

Canon EOS 5D Mark III Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow