Started Mar 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MikeM42
Regular MemberPosts: 190Gear list
Like?
Problem with Alpha 900 (and 700) with MacBook Pro
Mar 25, 2012

I've tried to connect both an Alpha 700 and an Alpha 900 to my MacBook Pro to use the MacBook as a storage device. Operating system is OSX 10.7.2. If I set the USB connection option to 'Remote PC' and connect via USB cable to the MacBook, the Apple Image Capture software opens, showing the camera under 'Devices'. The LCD screen on the camera shows 'Initializing USB connection..." for as long as I care to leave the camera on.

If I set the USB connection option to 'Mass Storage' and connect the camera to the MacBook, the 'Initializing USB connection..." message is displayed momentarily on the camera's screen and the MacBook Image Capture program shows the CF card as a device.

Under neither scenario can the camera be used with turning it off, disconnecting the USB cable from the MacBook and turning the camera back on.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is this expected behavior with the Alpha DSLRs and a newer model MacBook Pro with Lion or is there a problem with a fix or am I simply missing something?

Thanks!

-- hide signature --
 MikeM42's gear list:MikeM42's gear list
Sony SLT-A99 Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Sigma 15mm F2.8 EX DG Diagonal Fisheye +4 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow