Sony alpha 580 owners

Started Mar 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
chlamchowder
Senior MemberPosts: 2,075Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony alpha 580 owners
In reply to picsrk, Mar 24, 2012

Yep, some things can be a little strange at first with the alpha cameras, like having some settings that can only be accessed by pressing the Fn button.

About the timer...you should be able to set the self timer by pressing the timer/drive mode button right behind (and to the left of) the shutter button. You then use the arrow keys or control dial to move down to the self timer setting, and the left/right arrow keys to select either the 2 second timer with mirror lockup or the 10 second timer.

thanks for your opinion..i m liking this camera....experimented with menu options today....took a little longer to discover some things...i think that is normal when u come from easy access on point and shoot cameras... like was trying to find timer option in program mode..somehow i couldnt get in liveview..but switch of ovf..then went to menu and it was thr...may be i am not looking at the right place...but overall most thinigs are easy to locate....

Firmware upgrades are unlikely. You'll have to do selective color in post processing.

i m missing one thing...which can be done by post processing though.. that is selective color focus...that is thr in nikon d5100...would hv loved if it was thr on this camera...it has been given to nex users ... i guess no more firmware upgrades for this camera... any thoughts on that?

chlamchowder's gear list:chlamchowder's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Nikon D600 Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow