Will Canon Make a High Megapixel Camera in the Next Year?

Started Mar 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Scott Pickering
Regular MemberPosts: 310
Like?
Will Canon Make a High Megapixel Camera in the Next Year?
Mar 24, 2012

Since no one knows for sure, we can speculate. But Canon can't ignore this either.

Since the Nikon D800 camera has finally had some testing samples done and shown, its turning out to be a winner of a camera. Im seriously thinking of switching to Nikon because of that camera. I shoot medium format film because I like high rez pics. Since Canon announced the new 5D, Im thinking it may be a very long time before they produce a full frame high megapixel camera to compete with the D800. Will Canon cede to Nikon in this example? Or do you think Canon will produce say a 3D that is full frame and 45 megapixels for example?

Only reason Im hesitating to switch to Nikon is investment in my current gear and the cost to replace it all. I'd be looking at over 8 grand to get the flash, lenses, and body from Nikon to switch. Not chump change for me. Only thing is waiting another 2 or 3 years before Canon decides to compete in this area (megapixels). By then who knows what Nikon would come up with to replace their D800.

Canon EOS 5D Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow