Started Mar 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mr. Cool
Regular MemberPosts: 485Gear list
Like?
Epson R-2000 Printer FYI
Mar 24, 2012

I have had my R-2000 for about a month and I couldn't be happier with the prints. The set up was a breeze even with someone like me. Did I calibrate my monitor? Yes and No. I did not use any equipment to calibrate the monitor. I just downloaded 3 different color charts from the internet. I made a straight print from these charts using Epson and Red River papers with their canned profiles. From there I adjusted the brightness and contrast on my Dell 2210 monitor untill it looked as close as I could get it to the downloaded charts. I ended up with 56% and 57% reduction of my monitor brightness and contrast. I do not get the dark prints that many complain about. In fact I do not run any test prints at all even when printing 13 X 19 inch prints. My prints look exactly like my monitor. Even the gray scale prints like the downloaded files, with no color cast at all. I was surprised by this because many have said that the R-2000 would print B & W prints with a slight color cast. Not so on my printer. This may not be the way to calibrate my equipment and may not fly with all the experts that say I need to buy the equipment to calibrate my monitor. But it works for me. Am I an expert on the art of color printing? NO, but I have been making color prints for over 60 years starting with the Color Carbo prints back in the very early 1951s. I do know what to look for in a color print. Back then it could take maybe two days to make a color print having to make color separations and such. Some of the Carbro prints are still good to day after storage in the attic for the past 60 years.

Mr. Cool's gear list:Mr. Cool's gear list
Nikon D7100
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow