Started Mar 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Fuji Fan
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
D4 and XQD?
Mar 24, 2012

Okay this is a long shot but I received my much awaited nikon D4 on the 16th March. since then I have tried to get a perfect sharp image from it, but struggled like crazy. I was used to a D3x which was perfect and swapped for the D4. Up until today I have been using the XQD card and reader which came with the camera. None of my images had that sharpness I was used to with the D3x. Until today when I forgot to insert my XQD card and went out and took some images. Inside was my backup card the trusty CF. Only when I got home did I realise my mistake so I pulled the CF and opened the images. On the card was a heap of images that were the same as my XQD....the same as in, same pictures but not the same quality. These were a lot sharper and clearer. Ive heard rumours about the D800 not having really sharp images, but it doesn't use XQD. Im baffled? Why would two images one on an XQD and the same image on the CF be different in quality? Im going to practise more with the CF and then remove and use solely XQD and see what results I get but at the moment my XQD looks like its giving bad data??

Nikon D3X Nikon D4 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow