Is Full-Frame simply an expensive phase for many photographers?

Started Mar 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DFPanno
Senior MemberPosts: 2,574Gear list
Like?
Is Full-Frame simply an expensive phase for many photographers?
Mar 24, 2012

I guess this question would be most appropriately posted in the "Open Talk" forum but since I'm a Canon guy I'd like to ask here if you don't mind.

Clearly everybody loves the images their FF images. What's also clear from visiting other forums (NEX, Fuji, Olympus) is that many people seem to be glad to get rid of their FF kit.

"I've sold my 5D II and all my Ls to get this NEX-7 and I am finally enjoying photography again" is the kind of quote I see quite often.

I have been planning on a 5DIII for some time but before I pull the trigger I was curious as to what trend people have seen. If not related to self then perhaps with photography friends, etc.

This is a somewhat rhetorical question as I know of at least one truistic response: "It is a function of your needs and what your willing to carry".

That said I would love to hear other viewpoints.

DFPanno's gear list:DFPanno's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX1 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM +13 more
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow