Started Mar 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Maurice Byatt
Regular MemberPosts: 204
Like?
Perfect Walk Around - Zeiss Distagon 21mm f/2.8 ZE
Mar 24, 2012

Fo the last three years the Canon 24-105L has lived on my 5DII for approx 90% of my shots. Even though I own the 24-70L, the 24-105L would always make it first into the camera bag due to its lighter weight, longer reach and IS.

As a travel lens, the 24-105L seemed to be the perfect match, except for its image quality. The IQ on the 24-105L is quite acceptable on the center of the image, but loses visible IQ the more you move from the center of the frame. Of all my shotes, close to 90% of them were at 24mm, where I always was looking for more width.

After reading several reviews on the Zeiss Distagon 21mm and looking at countless sample images, I decided to buy the beast. Wow, what a beast of lens. The IQ lis simply stunning compared to the 24-105L @ 24mm.

Well, I'm quite happy with my results from a recent trip to Key West. Daytime shooting results were eye candy in my opinion. Performed PP in the new LR4. I had been a user from V1, the new Develop Module -> Basic Controls deserve some time understanding how they have changed from LR3. Very powerful - the only work I am doing in PS are Perspective corrections.

I'm partial to these two shots as representative of its IQ when shooting in both harsh daylight and the soft low light of sunrise. Minimal PP.

Check out the entire gallery at
http://smu.gs/GOwh4k

By far, the best Lens I have ever shot with.

Maurice J Byatt
http://www.lesgrandeimage.com

Canon EOS 5D Mark II Nikon 1 V1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow