Started Mar 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ARB1
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,051Gear list
Like?
Some say that the D800 will require that many 'up their game' as a
Mar 24, 2012

photographer, so I'm just curious to know in which ways many feel they will have to up their game with the D800; unless you're already at that point as some here are?

I just received my D800 and it is definitely different from my D300, but I'm still learning, and so far I know I'm going to be forced (willingly and that is what I want) to learn more and to give more thought to how I shoot. My D300 was far more forgiving and in my first days with the D800 I realized I really need to get serious about my craft with this baby.

It's like owning an Indy500 car and learning how to handle the damn thing, but the skies the limit when you finally do because you know it's not the car holding you back. The D800 begins to separate the men from the boys, the casual shooters from those that really want to grow or are already there; and if you're in the group that wants to grow I'd be saying bring it on.

-- hide signature --

Allen

ARB1's gear list:ARB1's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon D800 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR +6 more
Nikon D300 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow