Buy an X1 now or wait until May for a likely replacement?

Started Mar 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
pandathumb
New MemberPosts: 18
Like?
Buy an X1 now or wait until May for a likely replacement?
Mar 24, 2012

I am a Nikon owner (D90/35mm AF-S) and I have only just realized the kind of pictures that are possible with a sub-$2k Leica X1. Needless to say, I'm absolutely blown away by the images on pbase and on the LFI iPhone app under the X1 Mastershots. Sharpness is obviously amazing, and distortion is low, but what kills me is vibrant/real colors and the depth to the pictures that make them look like they were taken with a $30k+ camera but wiith none of the exaggerated/artificial/blown colors that I get with the Nikon. Not to mention, the ability to shoot tack-sharp portraits wide open. Wow.

Anyway, getting an X1 is a pretty big investment so I'm looking for some advice from Leica owners... is it worth waiting a couple months on the chance that a new model will be announced? If I was to buy now and a new model was to be announced in two months, what kind of hit would I take in resale value? Half of me thinks I should wait to see what they announce in May, but the other half of me thinks that whatever comes next will be more expensive and I know the X1 will do what I need for a price I can swallow.

thanks for any input

gary

Leica X1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow