XPro1 in the wilds... of urban Japan

Started Mar 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
Seahster
Regular MemberPosts: 161Gear list
Like?
Re: XPro1 in the wilds... of urban Japan
In reply to MPA1, Mar 24, 2012

MPA1 wrote:

It certainly is handsome. I would prefer they delete the AF illuminator off the front though - and the video mics. And the video functionality I shall never use!

I like the way it has nothing written on the front of the body though, I must say.

Seahster wrote:

pocky wrote:

In Japan not only is there ready access to all the gear in the stores (you can just walk round playing with everything and noone troubles you) but we can also see all the new cameras worn like fashion items on the street. Nevertheless I was surprised to already see my first XPro1 in the wild yesterday in Kamakura (a historic town an hour from Tokyo popular with daytrippers and photographers). It was being worn by a middle-aged to older-aged gentleman out for a daytrip. Well I just wanted to say that it looked really great - not too big, not too small - just like the ideal semi-serious photographers daytrip camera, with a touch of "retro" befitting the genteman's demeanour!

Sorry if this is awfully frivilous, and not about photography or pixels, but I was surprised at how good it looked, not having been that impressed with the feel of it when I played with it in the store. I guess it is going to sell well.

Good post, this is one aspect which I think many people agree with although not many want to admit too, lest they be regarded as shallow, or a noob, or in some way, not a 'serious' photographer. THE X-PRO1 IS A REALLY HANDSOME CAMERA! And if you're going to hang something around your neck all day whilst you're out, it might as well be good looking

Adrian

-- hide signature --

travellin' shootin' camera geekin' at http://handcarryonly.com

Haha, I can't say the same thing about the video mics, as I occasionally shoot video, although I have no use for the AF illuminator, the X-Pro1 is the poor man's M9P! So sleek and discreet.

Adrian

-- hide signature --

travellin' shootin' camera geekin' at http://handcarryonly.com

Seahster's gear list:Seahster's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Sony Alpha NEX-5N Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow