Tom_N
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,270
Like?
Re: Not an open system
In reply to Le Kilt, Mar 24, 2012

Le Kilt wrote:

Tom_N wrote:

You're not answering the question.

You just don't like the answer. It is the way it is, many people like it the way it is, and whether or not Apple changes it, they're not required to justify it to you.

If you had a music-quality recorder (not one of those voice recorders they sell in office stores), and some of today's high-capacity SDHC cards, why on Earth would you record directly to MP3, instead of to an uncompressed format?

My choice, it's a free world for some things.

Yes, it is a free world for some things, which means it's Apple's choice as to how to design the sync mechanisms in iOS devices. As pointed out to you already, the arrangement neither locks you into Apple as the only source of music, nor prevents you from using music purchased from Apple on other devices.

Despite that, you continue to bellyache over the horrible burden of having a host PC or Mac (a burden partially lifted with iOS 5.0, but I digress). It's clear that you, personally, do not like the iPad. So go ahead and buy an Android tablet. None of us are lining up to stop you.

(By the way, how do you expect to load USB keys with music from a CD or online store without the aid of a computer? Blank USB keys won't do you much good for you preferred method of loading your Android tablet.)

Wouldn't someone who is into digital music enough to purchase such a recorder also own a computer, on which to edit recordings and run iTunes?

A "you don't need to" answer? How arrogant.

A refusal to answer a simple question? I suggest that you look in the mirror when you say those last two words. They certainly don't impress me.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
APSNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow