Flat view
4x5 Guy
Senior MemberPosts: 1,165
Like?
D800 is now in the house
Mar 23, 2012

Just got home after picking up my D800.

Only had a few moments to play with it.

My interest in this camera is for landscape photography. I come from a 4x5 background, so resolution is what I'm interested in. I don't care about high ISO performance or fps. I've already set the crop mode to 5:4. I feel like I'm home again.

Just a few quick handheld shots, without even using my best lens, tells me that the resolution is fantastic and what I've been waiting years for. I'm glad I decided not to wait for the D800E.

I'll try to post some 100% crops to demonstrate the resolution when I can.

As an aside, TFergus seems to take delight in stalking me, and others, and making nasty comments to myself and so many others. Why he needs to spend his days doing this is beyond me. Obviously some sort of sociopathic personality. So it's just great to know that while I'm enjoying this new fabulous camera immensely, TFergus will be miserably making comments to me that I'll never have to see as he was the first member of my ignore file.

Nikon D800 Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow