Started Mar 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Michaelxjw
New MemberPosts: 22
Like?
Help in choosing an advanced point & shoot with optical viewfinder
Mar 23, 2012

I am beginning to shop for an advanced digital point & shoot camera to supplement my DSLR. One requirement would be for the camera to have an optical viewfinder as I find it difficult to compose in bright sunlight using the LCD in live view. For now, Iam considering, in addition to the Canon Powershot G12,

the Nikon Coolpix P7100.

From the reviews I have seen, both cameras seem relatively comparable in features and both seem to have relatively comparable ratings. The Canon G series seems to have slightly better reviews for image quality, but the Nikon has a slightly better feature set (longer zoom & better LCD resolution) and is the newer of the two cameras. One concern may be whether the Canon G12 is due to be replaced with a G13 shortly (the Canon G1X is not an option for me due to cost).

Do any of you have experience with either of these two cameras and offer insight as to which of the two is the better choice? If you can recommend any others in the same price class having an optical viewfinder that would also be helpful.

Canon PowerShot G12 Nikon Coolpix P7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow