X100: Quick questions from potential buyer.

Started Mar 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
nico-foto
Regular MemberPosts: 165
Like?
Re: X100: Quick questions from potential buyer.
In reply to Mr Sincere, Mar 23, 2012

1) The rear display was freezing while the camera was attempting to catch focus. This was really disconcerting. For example, I'd half press the shutter, the display would freeze, and then when focus was acquired it would unfreeze. Is this an option that can be disabled? A bug on this display model? Or does this just not bother most users?

Unfortunately, thats the way the camera behaves in live view mode. I don't think there's any way around it.

2) The power on time was even longer than I'd expected. I didn't take out a stop watch and time it, but it felt like a good 1 to 2 seconds. I didn't expect it to be DSLR instantaneous, but this was slower than any m4/3 or NEX camera I've tried. Is this typical? Has power on time been improved in firmware updates at all?

Thats also how the camera behaves. After a while you get used to that i guess.

3) I didn't think to check the firmware version, but I'm going to assume this had the original firmware. The focus speed wasn't THAT bad, but it certainly wasn't snappy. How much has AF speed improved in 1.2 in comparison to the original firmware?

If you have ever tried a Panasonic GF1, i'd say its on the same ballpark. Not blazing fast, but usable most of the time. It depends on what / how you shoot.

All in all, an amazing little camera that felt great in the hands. I just wish Fuji could pair up their brilliant hardware designers with some equally talented firmware engineers. :-/

Agree. I got an x100 like a month ago. I think it was a great purchase. This camera has soul!
--
http://www.nico-foto.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow