Started Mar 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ukat123
Contributing MemberPosts: 761
Like?
For people who decide to cancel or return their D800
Mar 23, 2012

Because this will be needed, here is the thread for people who decide to cancel their order; or are unhappy wiht the quality of their new D800 and decide to return it . Please give feedback.

Let me start. Amazon informed me that Nikon will not provide them extra quantities in the UK until May at the soonest. So, if you don't get it now, you will have to wait for a long time. The reason is that the demand in Europe is very high and other countries have been prioritized for April delivery. So no more D800 in the UK for Amazon.

So. I tought I would wait. I am not in a hurry.

BUT, I just looked at all the samples on DPR. They are very poor indeed. I cannot believe the DXOmark.

Highlights are completely lost. Photos are soft; super soft. It will require the best technique and best lenses only if viewed at 100%.

End result, images are to be downsized to 12-16mp to be any good. So what is the point.

I might stick to my old D700; and/or upgrade my old Canon 5DI after all to the 5DIII which looks promising.

This camera is a huge seller at the moment, unlike anything Nikon has seen before, but I predict this will be short-lived

I begin to think it was a blessing that Amazon could not deliver my order.

Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Nikon D700 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow