Internet speed all over the place, like a roller coster.

Started Mar 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
fidelfs1
Junior MemberPosts: 39Gear list
Like?
Internet speed all over the place, like a roller coster.
Mar 23, 2012

I own a macbook pro late 2008 and I have comcast as Internet provider with a netgear router.

I always complaint comcast about Internet speed, they have replaced wiring in my house, outside, modem, routers, etc.

This time they replace again the modem and router, the tech guy was trying to see if there were packets lost, so he asked me to use my computer. He said that he doesn't know how to use a mac so I gave him my son Windows computer.

He showed me fast speeds up to 32 Mbps!!!! (www.speedtest.net)

I tried on my mac and I started getting speed all over the place, 32, 20, 24, 4, 1, 20.

He couldn't understand the reason. I just got a new Macbook pro 15" 2 days ago and it is happening with the new one as well, the speed is random. The window computers, xboxes and linux computer have a more steady speed all the time.

Sometimes the good speed last for hours, but they start to getting random again.

Do you guys have experienced anything like that? Is Netgear conflicting with my macs? Is comcast conflicting with Mac?

Any ideas?

I use only wireless communication.

fidelfs1's gear list:fidelfs1's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow