High speed photography - Multiple Flash Help

Started Mar 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
TheKwijibo
New MemberPosts: 16Gear list
Like?
Re: auto mode internals
In reply to antares103, Mar 23, 2012

OH! That is GREAT to know! I made a guess that might be the case, but didn't know if that was commonly known. I did take the flash apart the other day, (don't worry, I safely discharged the capacitor) and I checked the solder connections to the flash tube, and it looked alright with no signs of burning due to arcs. Maybe I didn't look hard enough.

If the flash is triggered, and there is something in the way of completing the circuit resulting in an additional arc, that "could" be reason to believe it would have an extra delay for the circuit to build enough potential to ionize the air and pass through to complete the flash circuit.

I do have an extra flash tube from an old Vivitar 283 (broken internal switch). I might be able to swap it out and see how it behaves.

fingers crossed

TheKwijibo's gear list:TheKwijibo's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow