P510 sample image at full res and 100% crop

Started Mar 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
graham the red
Regular MemberPosts: 292Gear list
Like?
Re: P510 sample image at full res and 100% crop
In reply to MarioV, Mar 23, 2012

Thanks for the website. The pic of the white haired lady with blue jumper is , I think , stunning quality. How much money would you have to fork out for lenses to get that at 1000mm?

I have the Canon SX 30 and will watch this Nikon carefully for price reductions. I took the Canon and a nikon p 7100 on holiday for a month and hardly used the Nikon so fascinating are the possibilities with the long lens plus decent wide angle.

I don't pixel peep but I have pics very nicely printed to A3 and which I suspect would go further, obviously not magazine quality but more than satisfactory for my purposes. I just fear the inevitable , that the game between nikon and it's customers will find me between two models again! and I should have waited for 24 to say 1200mm!!

I suppose some one will post a regret that the nikon does not do too well at twilight on a foggy night at full stretch and looks bad printed to 20 feet square.

graham the red's gear list:graham the red's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow