Started Mar 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rutgerbus
Contributing MemberPosts: 779Gear list
Like?
Nikon upgrade to V2 !!??
Mar 23, 2012

OK, the V1 is a stunning piece of small camera with lots and lots of versatile possibilities when coupled to the FT-1.
So why should Nikon upgrade/improve the camera to-lets say- a V2!

I mean, the arrival of the V1 probably caused some people to change their minds of buying a two times more expensive and bulkier DSLR. So from this point of view Nikon lost some DSLR users in the market. (most of them still use a DSLR besides their V1 though)

So when Nikon dicides to upgrade/improve an already impressive camera I think even more people are going for this improved V1 version (V2?!)

My question: Why should Nikon upgrade/improve the V1 and would you buy it over a DSLR?

(I want to upgrade from D80, but this small bugger confuses me. Should I buy the V1 over D700 (D800 is to much for me right now) My photographic interest lies in a wide range of subjects as you can see on my website.

I currently own:
Nikon D80
Nikkor 300 Af-s f/4
Nikkor 18-200mm VRI
Sigma 105mm DX macro

-- hide signature --

http://www.rutgerbus.nl
Photographic Moments

Rutgerbus's gear list:Rutgerbus's gear list
Nikon D80 Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +1 more
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon D700 Nikon D80
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow