Flat view
Dirk W
Senior MemberPosts: 1,512Gear list
Like?
LA-EA2 consideration
Mar 23, 2012

Comments appreciated in the following consideration:

I have the NEX5N mainly for two reasons:

• A small camera with DSLR IQ that due to its small size is very easy to have along much and often at occasions where I wouldn't want to carry a DSLR gear.

• The immense fun to use all kinds of legacy lenses with manual focus, manual aperture etc. I just recently started nature photography with fantastic old Canon FD-L lenses.

I have kept my DSLR only for one reason:

• Fast auto focus in situations where this is required. I yesterday did a 2 hour photo session at the school musical with my NEX5N plus NIKON 80-200 f2.8 and I have to delete half of the pictures due to OOF. It is so difficult to manually focus correctly in low light, large aperture and fast moving objects. The AF with the generic NEX lenses like E18-55, E18-200 and E50 ist still rather slow (I tried them all) and sometimes tricky in low light. And there is no fast 80-200 for NEX (yet), which is required at long distance low light situations.

Now, the logical step to entirely go over to the NEX system even for the last reason seems the LA-EA2 (+ appropriate lenses of course). Do i see this correctly? Have other people taken that step, i.e. buying the LA-EA2 as last step to abandon the DSLR?

Dirk W's gear list:Dirk W's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha NEX-3N Sony SLT-A58 A3000 +10 more
Pentax Optio E50 Sony Alpha NEX-5N
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow