Thinking of getting a Nex 7 and looking for input...

Started Mar 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
Ira Blumberg
Contributing MemberPosts: 932Gear list
Like?
Re: Thinking of getting a Nex 7 and looking for input...
In reply to woof woof, Mar 23, 2012

I have used the Sony 35mm f/1.8 lens on my a580 and it produces some really nice and sharp images. You can use this inexpensive lens with the NEX-7 if you get either the LA-EA1 or LA-EA2 adapters. The difference between the 1 and the 2 is that the 2 includes a translucent mirror and the focus mechanism out of the SLT-a65. This is good and bad. It is good in that the AF is really fast and accurate. The bad is that it is larger and heavier than the 1 and it cuts down the light going to the sensor. Check out the ISO noise performance of the a65 or a77 as this is the performance the NEX-7 will have with the LA-EA2.

Depending on what Sony (and Sigma and Tamron) introduce over then next several months, I may get the LA-EA1 and use my A mount 35mm as well as my Tamron 17-50 f/2.8. I would prefer for Sony to make native E mount lenses of these types, particularly with stabilization, but there are alternatives if Sony misses the boat.

Ira

Ira Blumberg's gear list:Ira Blumberg's gear list
Fujifilm X100S
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow