OM-D for a wedding ... ??

Started Mar 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
Holgs
Senior MemberPosts: 1,661
Like?
Re: absolutely not
In reply to Jogger, Mar 23, 2012

Jogger wrote:

She should hire a professional who has the experience, tools, backup tools, and experience, etc. Offer to help pay for some of it if it helps, but, dont offer to shoot the wedding... i ts not even about whether the em5 is "good enough".. you would need at least 2 of them to begin with.

R Stacy wrote:

Old timer here, although haven't been posting in a while. Finally sold the E-1 a couple years back, and wasn't going back until the EM 5 announcement. Now I'm suddenly strongly considering even a pre-order. THEN, I got a call, a request to shoot my great niece's wedding back east. Hmmm.

Prior to all this, I had decided to build up a new Canon system, probably starting with the 7D. A fantastic camera and now nearly the same price point as the EM 5.

Anyway, OLY stole my heart once again, and I think the EM 5 could (should) be up to the task, but I'm not sure about lens choices. Never owned m43.

So, if you had to shoot a wedding with the EM 5, what would your lens choices be, limited to say, 2 lens ?

Would you consider the 12-50? It's an ideal range for the ceremony, but not sure it's up to the task.

Depends on the expectations of the couple and your individual skills. I've seen some "professional" wedding photos that I'd be embarrassed to post on facebook, and plenty of photos from friends that are stunning.

If the photos are the most important thing about the wedding, then really the couple shouldn't be getting married.

If your skills are up to it, then I think the OM-D isn't a bad choice - put it together with the 45 1.8, 25 1.4 (if you can afford it) and the Kit lens, and I think you'll have about everything you need.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow