D700 still relevant in the D800 vs D4 debate

Started Mar 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
Auke B van der Weide
Contributing MemberPosts: 503
Like?
Re: D700 still relevant in the D800 vs D4 debate
In reply to John Motts, Mar 23, 2012

And I do stand by my comment about FPS. i know nobody on these forums takes any notice of professionals, but I honestly recommend people to take more time and care over their photography. A good way of doing this is to set the camera to single frame. I do documentary wedding photography for a living and never use any other setting. I strongly recommend it.

When pixpelpeeping the D700 at low shutterspeeds, sometimes the 8fps really helps to get the sharpest image out of a burst of shots.

Why would you recommend to set to "single shot"? If it is for reasons of concentration, craftmanship, focus and a good mental state of "think before you press", then I would fully agree..... but for me to get the best shot in low shutterspeeds (f/2.8 on the 24-70 without VR) the 8fps has really helped me out some times.

But I fully agree that in general people (or should I say I) shoot too much pictures... wearing their gear of way to soon. If you only need 10 shots out of a 300, why not trying to get those 10 shots right away. Digital has made us lazy.... and it has nothing to do with the D800.... it already started with the D100

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow