Started Mar 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
drew
Regular MemberPosts: 101
Like?
D700 still relevant in the D800 vs D4 debate
Mar 22, 2012

So much comparison and speculation about the differences between the D4 and D800 are taking place with very little comparison to the d700. Is the d700 the best of both worlds ? The D4 will clearly outshine the D800 and D700 in terms of lowlight/high iso performance.The D4 can also take 10 frames per second, while the D800 can only take 5 at full resolution. So the D4 has a clear and distinct advantage over the 800. The D800 has more resolution than the D4 so it has a clear advantage. But the D4 costs twice as much. ENTER the D700. THE D700 will likely exceed the the lowlight capability of the d800( this is to be determined but based on existing samples s I'd say the d700 is the winner). The D700 can take 8 fps per second at it's full resolution with the optional battery grip making it superior in terms of speed to the D800 and only lagging slightly behind the D4. The D700 can be obtained with it's battery grip for half the price of the D4. Conclusion The D700 will have equal or better lowlight performance than the D800 and blow it away in terms of frames per second for the same price. And it can be had for half the price and weight of the D4... I If your printing 24x 36 or greater everyday for a living i think your choice will be obvious, likewise if you are shooting pro sports for a living your going with the D4. For the rest of us The D700 is the perfect balance

Nikon D4 Nikon D700 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow