ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
akcli2007
Forum MemberPosts: 68Gear list
Like?
Canon Battery Grip BG-E9 for 60D
Mar 22, 2012

Hi,

To all genuine BG-E9 owners: do you find the wheel on your battery grip loose when turning? Do you find trace of glue on the edge of the rubber surface on the grip?

I bought one from web couple of months ago, and while the box and the paper work look genuine, the grip itself tells a slightly different story. The build quality is OK, and it certainly looks the part. But I noticed that there is no model number molded on both battery trays, and the wheel in front of the shutter button feels loose and without the distinct click and the feel of resistance when turning. I also own a 400D/XTi plus the Canon grip BG-E3, and it doesn't have those "concerns".

Can someone share his/her experience with the genuine Canon-made grip only - I am not interested in 3rd-party grips.

Thanks,

Alan

akcli2007's gear list:akcli2007's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS +1 more
Canon EOS 400D (EOS Digital Rebel XTi / EOS Kiss Digital X) Canon EOS 60D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow