Started Mar 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kopend05
Contributing MemberPosts: 868
Like?
Olympus refuse to honour cashback ??
Mar 22, 2012

Thought i would post this on m4/3 forum as well,as so much traffic here and using m4/3 as well.

Purchased a XZ-1 end of Janand submitted the application for the £40 cashback,which they received and confirmed by email,they then sent me a confirmation email on the 23/02/12 confirming my claim was successfull and would therefore receive the cashback within 30 days, i could'nt get on with the camera hence my stepfather purchased it off me,he registered the SN on there website under his name and address about 1 week ago,they have now emailed me advising the cashback offer is now void as i am no longer the camera owner !! i phoned there helpdesk and they advised me that i need to be the owner for EVER,that's right EVER !! to qualify .

I have spoken to the Olypus pro dealer here in the UK,who will liase with the Oly rep about this,they are of the same opinion,this stinks .

So i will wait for response,i know Olympus are in the brown stuff but this is well out of order and very short sighted,as it stands i will never buy a Olympus product again.

Compare that to Canon who sorted out my cashback for a present i purchased for my sister in law(again the new owner) ,no problems at all , may not be a great deal of money but the principle stands.

Olympus XZ-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow