Started Mar 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
cptnslw
Forum MemberPosts: 50Gear list
Like?
not too happy with full auto
Mar 22, 2012

I've been shooting predominantly fully manual with the x100 (that is the reason we all buy it right? the subtle nuances of manual controls) and recently took the puppy out to the snow. Tons and tons of reflection off the pristine snow caused my transition lenses to go super dark and made gauging the exposure in the viewfinder difficult, even seeing the overlays. As a result the x100 went to f16, something like 1/4000 or so at iso 100 and provided the image on the left:

The image in the center is after about 12 minutes in Aperture, the one on the right is after about 2 minutes in iPhoto for the new iPad.

I'm very happy with just how smooth and quick iPhoto makes quick editing but and curious where most of you would have shot given the subject matter and incredible light. F8? 5.6?

I've definitely learned my lesson about full auto, a lot less satisfying than the S5 Pro.

cptnslw's gear list:cptnslw's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm FinePix X100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow