Sony A77 with 16-50mm - Focus Hunting!

Started Mar 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
Steve FStop
Senior MemberPosts: 1,006Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony A77 with 16-50mm - Focus Hunting!
In reply to Cloverne, Mar 22, 2012

Cloverne wrote:

That is one feature that is so awesome and that i'll never get rid of this Sony for. Manual Focus Peaking is just too awesome.

Went out yesterday with the camera and got some superb shots that i'm extremely happy with. This camera seems leaps and bounds ahead of my old one. Going to have a look at checking the lens out though and perhaps sell it for a 24-70 Zeiss...just wondering whether i'd miss the wide angle.

Yes, theses latest cams are packed with features that are more than just fun to have and use

The 24-70Z is not only a big chunk of glass but also costs a chunk of cash, and I would miss the wide end of the 16-50 on an APS-C. The 16-50 is also corrected in camera, when you are shooting JPGs

Depending on what you like shooting, you may want to consider getting something to follow on at either end of you current lens, or maybe a macro lens?

Sony have also released several new prime lenses in recent times, that deliver great results and represent good value.

The world is your oyster......

Steve FStop's gear list:Steve FStop's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX9V Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony SLT-A77 +25 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow