G12 Best Camera Yet

Started Mar 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
Marco Nero
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,986Gear list
Like?
Re: The worst digital camera on all of these forums....
In reply to howardjones, Mar 22, 2012

Hi VadymA,
I'll post this across on both threads for you.

Could you please advise if it's possible to "transform" G1X into a prior G-like camera using existing lens adaptors? I mean is there a macro adaptor for G1X that would make it possible to do 1cm macro shots (like G12 does)? And is there an adaptor to extend telephoto from 4x to 6x (like G9 for example) or larger?

The G1X appears to have a removable shroud which suggests quite strongly that there will be other accessories released for it to allow for perhaps a tele-adapter to increase the zoom. But it may only be so that people can put a mount-tube on the camera to fit the EOS Macro flashes (Ring Flash and Twin).

There's no adapter to extend the Telephoto that I know of. As for an adapter for closup Macro shots, it's quite likely that the Canon 250D Closeup Lens/Filter will allow you to do this - but I will need to check. I ordered a 250D today. I already have the 500D (which is less power and works on the tele-end of the zoom). It allows me to get a little closer but not like a 1cm Macro. Will report when my 250D comes in.
--
Regards,

Marco Nero.
http://www.pbase.com/nero_design

Marco Nero's gear list:Marco Nero's gear list
Canon PowerShot G11 Canon PowerShot S95 Canon PowerShot G1 X Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 5D Mark III +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow