D7000 for X100

Started Jan 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
thomo
Contributing MemberPosts: 945Gear list
Like?
Congratulations ....
In reply to darylmesa, Mar 22, 2012

I'm sure you will love the X100 but I just hope you don't regret selling your D7000.

I lusted over the X100 from the day it was first announced but only recently succumbed when the X100LE was released and only then because I was assured by Fuji (Australia) that the new black bodied cameras were fitted with the new lens mechanisms.

I bought the D7000 in the first shipments and then got a second one last Xmas along with the 20, 24, 35 and 50mm primes with the intention of using it as a X100 'equivalent' walkaround camera but it just didn't produce the results that I had seen others achieve with the X100.

I'm wrapped with the performance of my new X100 but to me it only compliments (rather than replaces) the D7000's which I use mainly for personal & travel photography. For more serious work I use D700's or H3DII-39 MF.

To me the X100 is the perfect camera for discreet street & travel photography where you do not want to intimidate your subjects or attract too much attention.

I also enjoy having the dedicated shutter speed dial and aperture ring like the old film days. The big differentiator for me is the in-camera panoramic functions though - great for travel shots.

thomo's gear list:thomo's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon Df +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow