Got it! Leica 90mm accessory OVF. My E-PL3 outfit is complete.

Started Mar 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Hen3ry
Senior MemberPosts: 8,775Gear list
Like?
Got it! Leica 90mm accessory OVF. My E-PL3 outfit is complete.
Mar 22, 2012

Well, except for an ND of some power and a GND.

But that 90 OVF will enable me to shoot fast with the f.18 45mm in candid situations. Just own it on eBay and now there's the wait ...

I already have OVFs for the Panny 14 and Oly 17, and I have to say, I'm pretty surprised I don't see anyone talking about using an OVF with their Oly 12. The Panny 24 (equiv) OVF is available (made for the bottom end of the LX3). In fact, I have one, bought when I was thinking of buying the Oly 12, but then I subsequently decided against it.

The speed of framing and shooting with the direct vision OVF is wonderful -- far better than any SLR or EVF. You have the huge benefit of actually seeing the picture that you're taking as you’re taking it rather than seeing it before and after, but not during the taking, as occurs with an SLR or EVF.

In the old days, I zone focused when using an accessory OVF. Today the AF can take care of that stuff! And does it very well.

That "my outfit is complete' sounded a touch Darth Vader-ish, didn't it? Well, I tell you, when I'm on the prowl with the E-PL3 and a direct vision OVF, I feel as though the force is with me!

Cheers, geoff
--
Geoffrey Heard
http://pngtimetraveller.blogspot.com/2011/10/return-to-karai-komana_31.html

Hen3ry's gear list:Hen3ry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +5 more
Olympus PEN E-PL3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow