Wide angle lenses on MFT : are they sharp in the corners ?

Started Mar 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
rrr_hhh
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,920Gear list
Like?
Re: sharp in the corners ? , I think not ..
In reply to Jozef M, Mar 21, 2012

Jozef M wrote:

rrr_hhh wrote:

I agree with you, I was somewhat deceived by the 12mm for the corners. However I find that it has a beautiful local contrast elsewhere and like the general rendering it offers.

Yes, I think it's a ok prime lens, that 12mm, certainly for landscapes in good light. Plenty of light that is. I think that all m4/3 lenses should not be used beyond f/6.3 for optimum detail and DoF, in general, because the diffraction problem that reduces detail, when you use f/8 and more. It seems to be a hot issue here at this forum lately, the relation between DoF and diffraction.

That is what I do, but with the recent fast lenses issued it is not always easy to keep the light around F5.6. And adding ND filters is a hassle, because you spend your time screwing and unscrewing them (I have only one.. may be I should get several ones, but they add to the cost. I agree with you concerning the hood for the 12mm. But you can find some cheaper ones on Ebay.

-- hide signature --

rrr_hhh

rrr_hhh's gear list:rrr_hhh's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS 6D Sony Alpha 7R
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow