Mirrorless Canon

Started Mar 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ProtoPhoto
Contributing MemberPosts: 984Gear list
Like?
Re: There's light, and then there's ultralight!
In reply to Bob_tracks, Mar 21, 2012

Bob_tracks wrote:

You've got a point there! Although there are backpacking trips when I will plan to take my new EM5 and small zoom for a little over a pound, there are some ventures that are extremely rugged. For those times, especially as I approach 60, I will take a compact camera. I have a shock and waterproof version (Oly Stylus 1030 SW) that allows me to take satisfactory photos. It has a few big drawbacks, such as the viewfinder is hard to see under a bright mountain-top sun, and my telephoto reach is limited, but I'm still able to capture the moment.

I wish you the best in your photography in your own adventures!

By the way, where in northern Canada have you been?

Myself, I've gone on canoe trips on the Churchill River, the North Seal, and the Thelon in the Northwest Territories.

Nearing 60 and still carrying DSLR gear backpacking? I am impressed!

That's great list of rivers. My big three have been east of yours, the Hayes to York Factory, The Missinaibi/Moose, and the Bloodvein, as well as an assortment of smaller trips. It was a shame they were pre-digital.

Good luck with your adventures!

ProtoPhoto's gear list:ProtoPhoto's gear list
Canon PowerShot S90 Canon EOS 550D Canon EOS 600D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow