Overkill

Started Mar 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
tgutgu
Senior MemberPosts: 3,232Gear list
Like?
Re: Small OVF
In reply to Ulfric M Douglas, Mar 21, 2012

Strange, but it was always the too small and dark view finders of the small Olympus DSLRs, which put me off buying them. The GH2 finder has nearly the size of a Canon EOS 1Ds MkIII view finder, which is considered the biggest AFAIK.

Thus, GH2 = large finder, small body. So far unmatched.

Ulfric M Douglas wrote:
A sensible point

tgutgu wrote:

With small, dark, tunnel vision view finders. No, thanks. Everybody should be happy that the the E-xxx era is over and that with m4/3 every vendor at least has a chance to combine a small body with a large FFcamera alike view finder (see GH2).

but (and I'm not kidding) I didn't find the fullframe Sony a850 viewfinder particularly bigger or brighter than my e-410, so my right eye must be tolerant/ignorant of the differences which means for ME the small pentamirror DSLRs are ideal.

I also use Lumix G1 and VF-2 and didn't find the Sony a77 EVF any bigger or better at all.

(Quick tests in Sony shops)

-- hide signature --

Thomas

tgutgu's gear list:tgutgu's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow