Started Mar 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DRode
Senior MemberPosts: 2,815
Like?
NYC for a day - where to go?
Mar 21, 2012

I need to go to New York next month on business. Since I've never really visited, I'm tempted to extend the trip so I have a full day to explore a little. I have zero interest in the tourist side of NYC. The whole draw for me is that NYC is packed with history and interesting new stuff to photograph.

I very much like things that are old (either pristine or in decay). I'm not candid street shooter. I'm more interested in cityscape, architecture, shapes and colors. I will probably not bring a tripod. Just my D300s, 24-70 and 10-24.

So what places would a local go to spend a day practicing photography?

I'm pretty comfortable going anywhere but being from out of town, I'd like to avoid the worst areas.

Also, any recommendations for cheap accommodations? All I need is a bed and a shower, hopefully both clean. My meetings are in Manhattan near Times Square but I don't need to stay in that area.

-- hide signature --
Nikon D300S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow