Started Mar 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Adventsam
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,983
Like?
What can LR4 do for you?
Mar 21, 2012

OK, I had got around to this a few weeks back and took some pretty blown out skies, wrong wb and crooked shots and used std jpg settings all turned down as I recall, -2 all the way. Just to see what could be retrieved in lr4, here was an example, now I dont know about others but pulling skies this blown from any other raw converter(incl lr3) and balancing the image all in less than 5mins? well can you see why I think the GH2 has been transformed? I will repeat that 5n in particular was what I tested it against does not benefit to the same degree, you could already pull skies with lr3.6 well with most aps-c cameras. The point is, lr4 does allow the same ability and maybe even more for the gh2. Now call me mad, call me what you will but unless I'm mistaken the GH2 just gained some dr, quite a lot, how many stops headroom? and m43 has no hl headroom according to dpr, think again, think seriously again! I will point out as well, that isnt the full story, with a nd grad applied in lr4 I could just go darker and darker pulling detail-shading etc.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow