DPR will have to change their samples targets.

Started Mar 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
Louis_Dobson
Forum ProPosts: 26,390
Like?
Re: try the GH2 vs D800
In reply to dholl, Mar 21, 2012

I feel the image start to fall apart about 2/3 of a stop earlier, which is manageable. I think a D800 image would be indestructible, but I'd be cursing the effort...

dholl wrote:

excellent stuff, as ever.

I'm interested in how you perceive the DR differences between your old D3 and the GH2. I'm not talking about technical measurements, but your subjective impression of the colour, contrast, three-dimensionality and general dynamic range of the GH2 when compared with the D3.

Looking at your GH2 images I don't see much appreciable difference in image-dynamism to your D3 stuff (just remembered you're my flickr kontakt). i think your work is a good example of how our style defines us far more than the equipment does.

Perception is ultimately more important than tech-numbers (even tho' we seem to be addicted to the latter). And if one's perception of IQ is good enough, then all that's left to consider are things like features, size and available lenses in the hunt for the perfect camera system.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow