EXCLUSIVE ! Leica Noctilux f/0.95 VS SLR Magic Hyperprime T0.95, the movie !

Started Mar 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sebfarges
Junior MemberPosts: 36
Like?
EXCLUSIVE ! Leica Noctilux f/0.95 VS SLR Magic Hyperprime T0.95, the movie !
Mar 21, 2012

http://vimeo.com/38739383

Yesterday I had the opportunity of using for 30mn the Leica Noctilux 50mm f/0.95. I went to shot some video in the funfair of Bordeaux. I did not have ND variable filter (Leica is 60mm filter thread), so I had to use fast shutter speed, so sorry for the jitter effect... I try to do my best in this short time with this 8000€ lens.

Today I went to the same place at the same hour with my SLR Hyperprime 50mm T0.95 lens, and I did the same shot, in the same condition (short time and no ND filter).

This movie is a quick test where you can see in a alternate editing the difference between these two lens, wide opened at 0.95. This was not shot the same day so the light is a little different, but the weather was quite the same (cloudy with sun sometime).

All is shot at full aperture, 0.95

My opinion ? mmmm the Noctilux is an extraordinary lens, good rendering at f/0.95, smooth focus ring. This lens is a little smaller and lighter than the SLR Magic lens. It's in M mount (Leica). The problem : the Noctilux is too expensive for me, 8000€ (10600$) !!! Please note that the SLR Magic I've used here is a prototype lens. It's be available in september in M mount, it's price is not fixed yet, but it will be around 2300€ (3000$), 3.5X less cheaper than the Leica. The SLR has more color aberration (purple fringing), mostly when the focus is not perfect.

The music mix is an homage to a movie director and one of his movie. The first who will find the name of the director and the title of the movie will win the two lenses... (I'm joking ).

Thanks to :
Panajou photo shop for the Noctilux panajou.fr/
SLR Magic for the Hyperprime slrmagic.com

GH2 24P no hack
Leica Noctilux 50mm f/0.95
SLR Magic Hyperprime 50mm T0.95
Nostalgic mode
No ND filter so fast shutter speed to compensate (from 1/1000 to 1/4000
160 iso
Full aperture 0.95
No color correction
--
seb farges

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow