ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ManuNex
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Lens combination purchase advice
Mar 20, 2012

hi,

I have decided to buy a nex5n. I have very little experience, and I need some advice.

I have a 2 month old baby and I would like to have some decent photographs of his first months in this world. I also live in the middle of the forest and I love wildlife. I would love to get in to bird, flowers and insect photography... Correct if I am wrong but I think I will need quite a few lenses. I need your advice in order to make the right purchase decision. AFter reading a bunch of posts and reviews I am planning to get the 18-55 lens with the camera. Then I will need to add a telephoto and a Macro. Options I am considering:

• stick to sony E mount lenses (55-210 + 30mm macro). Any point in the 16mm?. These may be cheaper if bought at the same time as the camera.

• get la-e1 or la-e2 adapters + alfa lenses (probably out of budget and overkill for a newbie...??)

• buy cheap physical adapter plus second hand lenses of other brands. I suppose this will be cheaper and I have 100s of possibilities...plus I can get lenses over 200mm. My worry however is loosing the autofocus and image stabilisation.Will a Newbie be able to put a telephoto without autofocus and image stabilisation to good use??

and last, what about landscapes? what lens of the ones mentioned will do a good job?

Thanks in advance!

Sony Alpha NEX-5N
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow